Friday, October 22, 2010

And Please Don't Mistake Me for a French Maid

So I woke up at 3:00 a.m. last night and couldn't go back to sleep. I hate it when that happens.
But that's when I usually get my flashes of inspiration. Or insanity. It's hard to tell sometimes.
So this was my idea.

An apron. A half apron. But a stylish one--you know like the French maid costume aprons wth the scalloped trim that you see at Halloween. Just the apron, mind you. Low cut black dresses, fishnet stockings, and dusters don't really work for me.

Anyway, at approximately 4:37 a.m., I thought, "I must buy an apron today." Groceries have not been bought for two weeks but that trip would have to wait. Today, I would get my apron.

And so I did. I went to one of my favorite stores, the Bosch Kitchen Center, where they had some very cool kitchen toys, but I would not be distracted! I went straight (mostly straight) to the apron rack and saw lots of full aprons. But not a half apron. I was crushed. I asked the cashier if they were hiding somewhere, and they were on the clearance table!! I knew I had been inspired!

And just to celebrate, I bought five pounds of Peter's caramel--amazing for caramel apples on Halloween. But this time, I not going to open the caramel until we make the apples.

What's special about this apron is that it has two pockets. One to hold a mini notebook. Planners have never worked to well for me since they're never around when I need them. But now with my notebook, whenever I think of something I need at the store, or a bill I need to pay, or something I'm going to invent someday, I can write it down, and then I can look at it LATER. Really, it's brilliant.

In the other pocket I have put my cellphone. This will revolutionize the way I use my cellphone--meaning, that I will use my cellphone. It's been amazing today. When I think of someone I need to call, I just do it. So I called the poor new mother who I forgot to take dinner to last week. Alas, the need for the notebook.

I'm so excited!!! Oh, and my put my camera in my apron so that I could capture those priceless moments with my children.

2 comments:

  1. Beck, that's a good idea about the apron.. can you get me one for my b-day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should just tell you--it only worked for one day.

    ReplyDelete