Wednesday, October 27, 2010

So this morning the left side of my brain took over. "What were you thinking yesterday?!! Did you think you were Martha Stewart? Obviously, you are not! Just look at this mess!" (My mom had cleaned up, but after she left, I had gotten a little carried away with the herbs.)

My creative right brain was offended and went into hiding. I became efficient and cranky.

I made a list of 24 things I needed to do, and everytime I crossed something off, I remembered another chore. Poor Davy was sick but that was no excuse. He was twenty assignments behind in school (my right brain had been in charge a little too long) and so we were on a strict regimen. Fifteen minutes work. Fifteen minutes break. The kitchen timer helped me stay on track. Ricky was put on the same potty training schedule.

At 3:30, my body yelled at both sides of my brain and said, "Who do you think I am? Wonder Woman? I'm going to take a nap." So I did.



And then my body told me that I need to go outside to get some fresh air. Davy helped me plant some violas. He's a really good planter. He brought warm water to me from the kitchen sink. He spaded. He pulled out the flowers. He covered them with dirt. He cut back my daisies. Thank you Davy. I'm sorry I was cranky.


Deborah helped too by staying quietly in her tree swing while we worked. Then she cried. Her hands were cold. I took her in, and gave her to Eli, and then we finished the job. I was proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment