Monday, October 25, 2010


Some days are just horrible, no-good, very bad days. I didn't even anticipate this one, but it started with a very poor night's sleep and a slow morning.

I really felt awful, the cold still lingering, but my laundry didn't understand at all. The pile stood just as high. I did a lot of laundry and cleaned out the fridge which can ruin even a good day. I had to. The kitchen was starting to stink. I pulled out a bag in the produce drawer that contained black liquid. I'm not kidding.

But the worst part was this afternoon when Adam came by. He's a sweet nine year old boy who wanted to play with Eli. "Can we practice geography?" he asked me. (I told him we could study for the geography bee together).

"I can't right now," I said--"Why don't you guys play basketball?" A few minutes later, I heard Adam cry. He was bitten in the face by my mother's dog, Red. We've been watching Red for the four weeks while my mom has tried to buy a home up here.

He's been a loyal dog to us, but a little confused in the move. Red attacked Adam when he went to pet him.

I love Adam. And I love Red. And I sooooo wish that this hadn't happened. I pray that Adam will heal quickly and not scar (he had to have stiches). I have been so worried about him tonight. Heart sick. I pray for my mother--who will lose Red. Red is already at the animal shelter. God Bless You Red. And God Bless You Adam.

1 comment: