Saturday, November 27, 2010

Deborah Weborah

Thanksgiving was so lovely. Food, family, and love in abundance, and you think that nothing could possibly every be hard again.

Ah, but then comes Black Friday. I didn't even go shopping. I got Dave and the older boys on their way to Park City. I should have sent Deborah. She could have been Bjorned on Dave while he skiied a black diamond run. That would have totally been her thing.

She is my adventurous girl. But doesn't she look calm in this picture?


Ahh, but she is not! She drove me crazy, until I finally bundled her up for a walk. We came back quickly because it was just too cold.

We then decided to go to the library, which meant I had to gather all of my overdue library books. I've decided it is cheaper for me to buy books than to borrow them. I should get some kind of donor status with all my fines. We got there and strike two, the library was closed.

So Ricky, Deborah, and I went to the Courtyard at Jamestown--an assisted living center. It's one of my favorite places. I wish I could check in right now. If you live there, you can ring a bell for service any time you need it. And they make all your food for you too. Heaven!

The people there are so lovely--you meet World War II veterans and classy dames. They are so polite and never talk back to you. They are delighted to see you.

We lasted just a few minutes because Deborah wouldn't let me sit down to visit with anyone. Squirmy. Squirmy. And Ricky wet his pants. His training pants.

So I took them home and gave them a bath. Deborah grabbed some bleach cleaner sitting on the edge and dumped it in the bath. I grabbed them both and pulled them out and rinsed them off. I was really tired.

My dear Mom took me out to a movie when Dave got home, and before I went to bed, I nursed little Deborah. That is my favorite time of the day. She's so still and cuddly and warm and when she's done, I just hold her and rock her. She doesn't move. That's heaven too.

1 comment:

  1. Beck, I love all your new posts! You are such a great writer/photographer. I aspire to be like you some day. The pics are great, but make me a little homesick :s

    ReplyDelete