Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tomato Wars


I was working in the garden today--taking out tomato plants, transplanting strawberry plants, and there were so many soft tomatoes on the ground. A new thought came to me: "Tomato War." I explained the idea to the boys, and they were totally on board.






They ran around the neighborhood to gather all their friends. Although no one had ever been in a tomato war, they seemed to catch on right away.


Left brain piped in: Someone could get hurt. Maybe somebody will get an eye poked out.
Right brain: No way. Tomatoes are too big. Go to sleep and don't get up until this is over. You'll worry yourself sick.
Somebody did get hurt. A little. I bribed him with a carmel apple. Hopefully he won't tell his mother.
Ricky was a little wiped out after all the running around. This is him at dinner.






1 comment:

  1. haha... this is great. Wish I could have been in the tomato war, with a slingshot! Ricky's pic is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete